North Shore Table Matters Network Coordinator Job Description
The North Shore Table Matters Network is a network of people who live, work and eat in the communities that make up Vancouver’s North Shore. We bring together citizens, community organizations, local businesses, government, and schools, and undertake projects and initiatives to help grow a sustainable food system and promote food security.
Funded by Vancouver Coastal Health, the District of North Vancouver, the City of North Vancouver, and the District of West Vancouver this position will coordinate the activities of the North Shore Table Matters Network. The Network is a volunteer-driven organization with broad representation from NGOs, government and community members.
The Coordinator role requires a skilled community development professional with strong administrative and planning skills who supports the Chair and Advisory Committee in setting development of their 2018/19 plan; Network engagement/communications, maintains working groups, and completes financial and reporting administrative requirements. The position will be a contract, administered by North Shore Neighbourhood House with the possibility for renewal.
Strategic Planning and Work Plan Implementation
- Assist with setting the strategic direction, plans and vision of the Network;
- Reports to the Advisory Committee
- Liaise with working groups
- Identify, to the Advisory, funding opportunities to enable projects associated with the Table Matters Network work plan.
- Complete financial reporting and accountability reports required by funders.
- Support the Chair setting meeting agendas of the Advisory and Network.
- Takes minutes and posts them on the Table Matters website.
- Facilitates Network meetings and events.
- Develop/maintain/use tools of communication eg. Website, facebook, twitter to facilitate communication among Network members
- Ensure consistent use of branding
- Organize and implement Network meetings and events;
Other duties as assigned.
- • Facilitating meetings and events
- • Technical writing skills and / or grant writing
- • Knowledge of community based organizations and not for profit sector
- • Experience with strategic planning and strategic plan implementation
- • Understanding of community development principles and of working with volunteers
- • Solid communication and interpersonal skills, including report writing and minute taking
- • Website administration and social media skills
- • Knowledge of and a passion for community food security and food systems
- • Event planning skills an asset
- • Solid analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- • Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member
- • Solid time management and organizational skills
Outline of the Position
Reports to the Chair of the North Shore Table Matters Network (Executive Director, North Shore Neighbourhood House or Manager of Community). The funding for the position resides with North Shore Neighbourhood House.
- This is a part-time contract role of approximately 10 hours per week. Scheduling of hours will require some flexibility to meet the need for collaboration and planning with multiple stakeholders and related evening meetings.
- The salary is $30.00 per hour as a contract, without benefits.
No office space is provided so an equipped home office is needed.
Some travel within the North Shore and very occasionally Metro Vancouver.
We hope to interview candidates in the week of September 17, and the position would start as soon the contract is in place.
Please send a resume and cover letter. Email application to: Lisa Hubbard, Executive Director, North Shore Neighbourhood House, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: September 12, 2018; Link: www.tablematters.ca